Wednesday 8 June 2016

Where I share the excitement of seeing my book for the first time...

Wednesday June 7, 2016 at 1pm in Fergus, Ontario

Today the long-awaited shipment arrived. Someone knocked on the door, a truck backed up to the clean(ish) garage, a huge door opened at the back of the delivery van, I saw the book boxes inside, skids were lowered onto the garage floor and the drivers drove away. Leaving Fred and I to open one of the boxes and uncover the treasure inside!!! I am thrilled beyond words - humbled and oh so grateful. And scared. Might I add scared? It is a bit of me but now it will have a life of its own, without me. Like sending a child out in to the world alone. Yipes! 

I do realize it is completely self-indulgent to post so many pix of just a few minutes of our lives, but I can't help myself. It was that exciting! It is a dream come true.
Welcome to the world Stone Threads!

















Fred reading the dedication to him  :)

Nothing like curling up with a cat and a new book....


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Maggie on this fabulous accomplishment..can't wait to see one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations! Love to see all the pictures and see your exitement and happiness!
    Love from Holland, Boukje.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Maggie! It must be so exciting and yes I get the scary as well. How do I purchase your book? Amazon? Or elsewhere? We now have a book reviewer for our SAQA Region in MA/RI who would love to review it and I would love to add it to my library. Wishing you continued success! Nancy Turbitt, Rhode Island

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, your creativity rocks my world! I can't wait to see the book and I love sharing in your moment-by-moment excitement. Congratulations and hugs!! Love, Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos. Made me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can SO see your joy! I love you and and know that I'll love the book as well!
    See you Saturday.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. You absolutely have the right to indulge in a few photos of the grand arrival of your book !!! Congrats Maggie !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting published - would love to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie it is a wonderful book, thank you for giving birth to it :-) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete